Each new day comes with new opportunities to celebrate and become more aware of the things around us. Let us make this year more fruitful by learning
Each new day comes with new opportunities to celebrate and become more aware of the things around us. Let us make this year more fruitful by learning new things daily. We, at Brag Social, are here to spread awareness about the daily occurring events. Read on to find what is special today.
WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY
This day is celebrated every year on September 10. This problem is growing day by day, according to World Health Organization every year around 80,000 people risk their life or we can say every 40 second someone tries to commit himself to death. It is the leading cause of death and is generally common for the people age to 15 to 29 years. People generally commit suicide due to pressure and anxiety and stress when they do not know what is the solution of the problem and they are stressed their mind is diverted and they commit a suicide.
HISTORY OF THIS DAY
In 1960, IASP, International Association for Suicide Prevention, was started in Vienna.
September 10, 2003, the World Health Organization and the International Association for Suicide Prevention day together organized first Suicide prevention day.
In 2014, the agenda was adopted by WHO, to make suicide prevention a high priority on the global public health agenda.
HOW CAN ONE OBSERVE THIS DAY
- Connect and discuss- We can stretch the hand to help someone. As it is observed that behavior changes lead to possibility of attempting a suicide. Taking about a situation and helping out is also a method of observing this day, you can also help a person in solving out his problem and changing his mind by explaining the real meaning of life and how to enjoy it.
- Search for resources- This day provide a lot of resources to learn and to know about new facts towards suicide. you can also reach to a library in your locality and can read and know some new facts about suicide prevention and can also help and save someone’s life. You should know that knowledge is not only power — knowledge can save someone’s life.
SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY IS IMPORTANT because society needs consistent and increasing advocacy for mental health resources so that people struggling with mental health disorders can find the help they need. According to WHO, “to increase awareness about suicidal behaviors and how to effectively prevent them” is the main aim of this day.
FACTS ABOUT SUICIDE:
- It is a part of mental health emergency– in America, about 1 out of 15 people suffer from mental health disorders, but many of them they give a positive response towards the treatment given to them.
- Old people are more common committing suicide– suicide is more common in the age of 45 to 60 years.
- Men often complete suicide – it is observed that men generally commit suicide as compared to the number of women.
- The clock is ticking– Approximately every 12 minutes, in America one person commits a suicide.
“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it ‘The Present’.