Stress can have adverse effect on not only our mental health but our physical health too.
Stress seems a small word but sometimes it may lead to adverse impact on the health of people, it may either be physical or even be mental sometimes. Don’t allow stress to take over your happiness, rather make every effort to overcome from it. Everyone has different impact to stress; some may overcome it easily while some makes it difficult to manage. Stress may be the result of happy events (wedding, birth of a child, promotion, and so on) or challenging situations (conflict, work-related pressure, mourning, and so on).
ADVERSE EFFECT OF STRESS ON HEALTH
Whenever stress becomes unmanaged it can have adverse effect on our physical health. Stress is a home to many diseases including:
- Heart disease
- Intestinal ailments
- Mental disorders
- Various infections due to a weakened immune system.
STRESS AND LIFESTYLE
Lifestyle” refers to behaviors’ and habits such eating habits, cigarette smoking, alcohol and drug use, safety, and stress management. Experts believe that exercising has a positive impact on the stress management. You must follow the Lifestyle Guidelines listed below to maintain your health and prevent stress:
- Smoking kills- Yes that correct, smoking kills you, it has adverse impact on our lungs.
- Exercise regularly- Regular exercise helps people of all ages to feel young and look young, also boost our energy.
- Eat a healthy diet- A nutritious diet is essential for maintaining good health and proper weight.
- Medication- Although drugs may provide relief from pain or any ailment but it’s overconsumption makes us habitual of it.
- Be safety-conscious- learn to be conscious while driving or performing any household activity or even at office.
- Learn to manage stress. Stress is a part of living but try to manage it as much as possible. Three major steps to keep daily stress from becoming a problem: – relax, make friends and have a positive outlook.
KEEPING A POSITIVE OUTLOOK
How you take a situation or deal with it, determines your stress level, one person take it in an optimistic way other may have negative impact of it. So, it’s our outlook to deal with any situation.
WE CAN OVERCOME STRESS
Like there are ways to everything, there is way to manage the stress you feel as well and prevent it from growing and affecting your health. Here are some measures to stress management:
- Identify the events that cause stress. Be attentive to symptoms of stress and note the types of events that affect you most.
- Find out the core of it – this makes it easier to deal with it.
- Don’t hide your emotions. By expressing your feelings, you reduce the stress you feel. Feel free to speak with a professional if you need to do so.
- Always seek help – you can speak with a healthcare professional for help or read up on the subject.
- More attention to physical work.
- Keep yourself easy.
- Be sure to get enough sleep.