We, at BragSocial, through today's column bring forward the milestones achieved each day. Let us have a look at what history is created today. 16
We, at BragSocial, through today’s column bring forward the milestones achieved each day. Let us have a look at what history is created today.
- 1604- Adi Granth- Guru Granth Sahib Holy Scripture of Sikhs, was first installed at Harmandir Sahib
The Adi Granth was compiled by the fifth Guru- Guru Arjan. It was finally compiled on 29 August 1604 and was first established inside Darbar Sahib in Amritsar on 1 September 1604. The first Granthi of Darbar Sahib was Baba Buddha.
- 1666 – The Great Fire of London
A huge fire broke out in London on 1st September, originating from the bakery of Thomas Ferriner and spread across the City of London. It had devastating effects destroying sound 13200 houses, 87 churches, and thousands of buildings. And wasn’t controlled till September 6.
- 1804 – Juno one of the largest asteroid discovered
Karl Ludwig Harding discovered Juno, an asteroid on 1st September 1804.it was the third asteroid found and was one of largest which was then initially considered to be a planet. It was the first asteroid for which an occultation was observed.
- 1939- World War II starts when Germany invaded Poland
The second world war was held between 1939- 1945. The war started on 1 September 1939, Germany invading Poland and declaration of wars with Germany by France and the United Kingdom.
- 1955- William Cobb demonstrates first solar power car
William Cobb in 1955 introduced the first 15-inches solar power car named – “Sunmobile”,at the General Motors Powerama auto show held in Chicago, Illinois. He explained about photovoltaics- stating the process in which sunrays are converted into electricity.
More significant events on this date:
- 1838 – Saint Andrews Scots School, the oldest school of British origin was established.
- 1878 – Emma Nutt becomes the world’s first female telephone operator.
- 1897 – Thomas Edison patents the Kinetograph-First Motion Picture Camera.
- 1935 – FDR signs Neutrality Act.