The higher the cholesterol, the higher the risk of heart disease. You just need to commence a new routine and need to start adding new and fruitful things into your current lifestyle. By this, you can abate your bad cholesterol and haul up your good cholesterol. You just have to begin from somewhere, someday, and keep continuing it till you achieve what you want.
Adopting new routines in your present-day lifestyle may stress you out a little, but it is worth it as you will start feeling better after some visible changes in your health. Most importantly, follow up with your medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Keeping a count of your calorie intake might help you to keep a good track of your health. The most common reason for fluctuations in weight lies in the equation of energy intake. If you eat more dense food, you will gain weight otherwise you will lose weight. Cutting too many calories might lead you to weakness and decreases the energy to work. It can harm your health excessively as you feel tired or unfocused most of the time. Proper calorie intake could help you to achieve your proper health goals without causing any side effects. Let us discuss some measures that could help you to dwindle your cholesterol and calorie uptake. This will help you to get back on the path of good health.
Scaling down your cholesterol levels
The following ways can help you to reduce your cholesterol. Just remember one thing, once you start doing it, just do not stop. It is your health and you have to achieve it for a great and healthy life.
Spice it up!
Spices like cinnamon, ginger, coriander, black pepper, garlic, etc can give your food a great flavor but they also dwindle cholesterol. Moreover, to drop excess pounds you can use these as a seasoning in your food. In the same way, eating a half to one garlic clove per day could lower cholesterol levels by 9%, isn’t it amazing?
A study showed that people who quit smoking saw their good cholesterol rising by 5% every year! But keep in mind that even if you do not smoke, but inhale the smoke i.e. you breathe second-hand smoke can increase your bad cholesterol!
Say hi to olive oil, nuts, and fish
Switching to olive oil instead of butter may reduce bad cholesterol by 15% as good fats in olive oil are suitable for the heart. Nuts contain sterols that keep the body from absorbing cholesterol. But make sure that you consume them within a limit as they are high in calories. Fish contains omega 3 and reduces exposure to saturated fats as well. Choose the wild ones to improve your cholesterol.
Engage in fiber and ban trans fats
Oatmeal, prunes, apples, etc keep your body from absorbing cholesterol as they are high in soluble fiber. Besides, increase your fiber intake slowly as it can cause bloating. Fried and baked foods contain trans fats that raise bad cholesterol. Just try to reduce consumption by reading labels when you buy food. If you see partially hydrogenated oil on any pack, it is just an alternative name for trans fats.
Chill out and laugh more!
High stress levels can increase bad cholesterol. To keep an eye on it, do what gives you peace of mind. For example- meet a friend, read a book or listen to music. Laughter is the best medicine for most of your problems. For instance, watch funny videos or read comics, just keep that curve up always!
De-escalating your calorie intake.
Count your calories. Sounds difficult, right? But it can be easy if you add on some new rules to your current rulebook. Yes, you can!
Let us learn about some ways to cut down those unnecessary calories.
- Welcome those greens- Consuming nutrient-dense food could help to stay on track. Moreover, consuming green leafy vegetables can help to control hunger and promotes the feeling of fullness. This will also boost up the immune system and protects from oxidative stress as well.
- Water is your best friend- Water is calorie-less, promotes hydration and detoxification, improves digestion, and gives the feeling of fullness. Furthermore, feeling full may promote weight loss as well!
- Mind those snacks- For instance, if you eat nuts as snacks, they contain fats, the best way to overcome this problem is to keep a track of your snack intake.
- Lessen the condiments- Invest in low-fat condiments like mustard, lemon juice, etc. When eating out, try to not get these fatty condiments on your plate, instead try to get some olive oil or vinegar.
- Homemade is better- Instead of buying from restaurants, bring your homemade food along with you as it is healthy and better for your health.
- No distractions at all!- Practice mindful eating that includes eating when you are hungry. Otherwise, you will increase your calorie intake!
- Start preparing- While starting to eat healthily, you need to create a positive environment around you. Furthermore, load up your kitchen with healthy food and eliminate the unhealthy. Invest in healthy eating.
Learn, implement, repeat and stick to it!
The more you will practice eating healthy, the more benefits you will discover day by day. These new habits may take time to adjust to your current lifestyle as you are creating neural pathways in your brain! Once established fully, you just need to stick to it. These were some ways that keep you nourished as well as healthy. You just need to remember the implementation and sticking to it. Remind yourself what you want and get the motivation in you from there. Be positive and do not worry, you can do this! Reach out to a nutritionist for seeking help.