“If you’re well-hydrated, your heart doesn’t have to work as hard,” said John Batson, M.D, a sports medicine physician with Lowcountry Spine & Sport in Hilton Head Island, S.C., and an American Heart Association volunteer. We very well know, “A healthy mind rests in a healthy body”, and a healthy body is just the consequence of healthy and appropriate food.
Summers arrive with lots of pleasurable events though, there remains a higher risk of dehydration, sunburns, frustrated mood, upset tummy, and susceptible brain and heart. Thirst is directly proportional to the sweat released in heated days.
Hydrated body not only helps the heart to function smoothly but it also energizes other body cells. To beat the heat one should check out the list of edibles to keep oneself hydrated and healthy.
- Keep a check on Water bottle: Water is the first and foremost thing to be consumed to stay hydrated. While the human body is made up of 60% water, human blood cells have 90% water. A healthy adult should consume approx. 3-4 liters of water a day.
- Make a space for watery foods in the refrigerator: Watermelonstrikes first in the list of watery food items as it contains 92% water content and keeps oneself refreshing, hydrated and healthier.
- Easily affordable and accessible oranges can not be eliminated from the list. These are highly beneficial in boosting immunity and glowing skin.
- Strawberries, having approximately 91% water content, remove the deficiency of fibers, antioxidants, folate, manganese, and vitamin C.
- Peachescontaining a high amount of water can play a significant role in providing vitamins A, B, and C along with potassium and disease-fighting antioxidants.
- Lemon be used in various forms such as lemon juice, can act as an antioxidant, and hydrates the body while improving immunity as it contains a high amount of vitamin C.
- While listing down healthy beverages, coconut water occupies the top position. A high quantity of electrolytes including potassium, sodium, and chloride cannot be ignored in the sweltering heat.
- Don’t forget to mention Green leafy vegetables in a healthy diet
- Cucumbercontaining a high content of water and a small number of vitamins and nutrients is a highly beneficial salad to maintain calories and weight.
- Zucchini is filled with high nutrients contributing to a healthy immune system. It has low calories and a fair amount of vitamin C required to your bodies daily.
- Lettuce is highly watery and fibrous which provides folate. It is quite more important for pregnant women in preventing neural tube birth defects.
- Further cauliflower is a must include vegetable as it has properties of hydrating and keeping one’s body nutritious. The vitamins, minerals say choline is rarely found in common foods.
Apart from these food items, mint, curd, plain yogurt, onions, pineapples, corns, tomatoes, soups, grapefruit and many more can be included. The list of hydrating food is never-ending. STAY HYDRATED, STAY HEALTHY